One of the core values that guides our work across the Central East LHIN is listening to feedback from our stakeholders. The Central East LHIN Complaint, Concern, Compliment process provides people with a means of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues. The Central East LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner. A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will:
- Be received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Be acted upon promptly and fairly
- Be confidential and protected
Provincial (Pan-LHIN) Guiding Principles for Complaints Management
Protecting Your Privacy
If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, Central East Local Health Integration Network and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If we do need to collect your personal information, we will require your written consent.
Please click on one of the following consent forms, depending on your need:
If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information or the consent form, please contact:
- Central East Local Health Integration Network c/o Karen O'Brien, Strategic Communications and Stakeholder Relations
- 920 Champlain Court, Whitby, Ontario, L1N 6K9
- 905-427-5497 or 1-855-804-5446 ext. 3212
If you have concerns that relate to services provided or to be provided by someone else and not to you, please contact the Central East LHIN directly for further instructions.
If you wish to contact the Central East LHIN to file a complaint, concern, or compliment, there are several ways of doing so:
- Phone: 1-800-263-3877 ext. 2273 (CARE)
- E-mail: CE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- When filing a complaint by email, please ensure you address the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- What is your concern?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
- Please also provide:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Your permission for the Central East LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Your understanding that the information you provided may be used by the Central East LHIN to address your concern.
- In person at our office: 920 Champlain Court, Whitby, Ontario, L1N 6K9
If you wish to receive a copy of the Central East LHIN Complaint, Concern, Compliment policy, please contact us.
The Patient Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to Ontario’s hospitals, long-term care homes and the Central East LHIN.
The Ontario Ombudsman is responsible for investigating complaints related to public sector bodies. The Ontario Ombudsman does not investigate hospitals, long-term care homes and the Central East LHIN.
Is your complaint ONLY about a Regulated Health Professional?
All regulated health professionals belong to regulatory bodies called “Colleges”. If your complaint is only about a regulated health professional, such as a physician, nurse, physiotherapist, etc., you will need to contact the appropriate College, for example:
Home and Community Care Information
To access the Home and Community Care Feedback, Complaints, and Appeals page - click here
Health Care Consent Act
Request Form under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act/ Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - click here.