Central East LHIN Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct (the Code) identifies expectations for workplace behaviour that is appropriate, acceptable and encouraged. It is designed with consideration for the Central East LHIN Mission, Vision, and Values. It identifies behaviours in support of day-to-day activity and decision making. The Code is supported by a number of resources such as detailed policies, procedures, and guidelines which are referenced and hyperlinked in this document – such as The Travel and Expense Policy, Conflict Resolution Process, Diversity in the Workplace Policy, Harassment and Discrimination Policy, etc.
“The Code of Conduct provides the standards of business conduct and ethics that are expected of every one of us, regardless of our position at the Central East LHIN.”
Chief Executive Officer, Central East LHIN
The Code was developed based on the following Guiding Principles:
- Embrace the Central East LHIN Mission, Vision, Values and the Code of Conduct
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Treat others with dignity and respect, value differences, and embrace diversity
- Advance a professional, safe, and supportive work environment
- Engage in open, constructive, free of blame, interactions
- Declare and manage conflicts of interest
- Respect privacy and maintain confidentiality
- Are accountable for our actions and decisions
- Are consistent and fair in applying the Central East LHIN Policies and Procedures
Who does the Code apply to?
The Code has been developed to support and guide all our work practices at the LHIN and as such applies to all employees and Board members. This includes anyone who works on contract with the LHIN organization, including contractors, students and consultants. The LHIN encourages our community partners to adopt and maintain a similar Code of Conduct and Guiding Principles to those outlined in the Code.
Download a copy
To download a pdf of the Central East LHIN Code of Conduct, please click HERE.
If you choose to adopt this same Code of Conduct for your own organization, please acknowledge the Central East LHIN by noting that “This Code of Conduct was developed by Central East Local Health Integration Network and used with their permission.”
If you have any questions about this document, please contact the Central East LHIN via email at email@example.com.