Central East LHIN Mission, Vision and Values
With the understanding that the IHSP is a three-year strategic document that guides the local health care system, the Central East LHIN Board of Directors passed a motion on July 22, 2015 that has now updated the Mission, Vision and Strategic Directions for the Central East LHIN and reconfirmed the values of the
LHIN as first approved in 2007 and again in 2012.
Effective as of April 1, 2016, the updated Vision, Mission and Strategic Directions better reflect the evolving accountabilities of the LHIN organization and the health service providers who deliver services in the Central East region.
To lead the advancement of an integrated sustainable health care system that ensures better health, better care and better value.
Engaged Communities. Healthy Communities
The vision is testimony to the enduring hopes of residents and health care providers to improve health in all communities through an integrated health care delivery system focused on wellness, equitable and timely access to care, and the delivery of high quality outcomes.
- People are proactively managing their own health and wellness.
- People are involved in designing their health care system.
- People are participating in planning the coordinated delivery of their care.
- People have timely and equitable access to care.
- Health care providers and their partners work together to improve the health and well-being of their communities.
- The health of the population has improved.