From Theory to Practice: Interprofessional Leadership Project Poster Presentations
“Building Community Capacity for Interprofessional Care to Improve Health Care for Seniors”
On January 18th, 2010, healthcare providers from across Durham Region participated in an informative and engaging series of poster presentations. The event was a celebration and an opportunity to showcase outcomes stemming from the completion of supported six month practicum projects from the first of two groups of Leadership Participants in the Interprofessional Leadership Project. Leadership Participants shared excellent examples of how collaboration and partnership is possible when there is flexibility and willingness, and most importantly they shared their insights and lessons learned.
The IPL Project Team is pleased with the interest and commitment to interprofessional education and collaborative practice, and the team commends these busy providers who took the opportunity to learn together through a series of UOIT-HETRU education workshops, who then gained a broader understanding of interprofessional care and who ultimately integrated something new into the way that they deliver care/services for seniors.
On Friday June 18th, the 2nd Group of Leadership Participants in the IPL Project will showcase the results of their six month practicum projects and this event will provide a further opportunity to network and exchange ideas about how to continue the momentum generated by the Interprofessional Leadership Project.
For more information please contact: Susanne Babic firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interprofessional Care and Patient Life Stories on the Seniors Mental Health Unit - Andrea Laforge, Ontario Shores
- The Role of PSW's and Care Conferences - Catherine Dupuis, The Village of Taunton Mills
- SAFE Clinic Partners with Home At Last - Michelle Acorn and Laura McLeod, The SAFE Clinic, Lakeridge Health Bowmanville
- Interprofessional Falls Prevention Program Fairview Lodge - Laura Mac Dermaid, Fairview Lodge
- Navigating the Health Care System for Seniors - Shelley Portelance, Home Instead Seniors Care and Anne-Marie Yaraskavitch, Consumer
- Assessing the Need for a Self-Medication Program for the Geriatric Assessment and Rehabilitation Unit (GARU) - Thomas Oommen, Lakeridge Health Bowmanville
- Brock Community Health Centre - Ask Me About IPC! - Jennifer Josephson, Brock Community Health Centre
- Collaborative Health Intake Project - Community Care Durham and CECCAC - Cheryl MacLeod, Community Care Durham
- Enhancing Communication with Outreach Homes/Senior Care Providers for Optometric Care - Dr. Pamela Andrews, Drs. Schmitz, Sujo, Rayman, Associates in Optometry
- The Use of Communication White Boards in Patient Rooms to Enhance Interprofessional Care - Salima Bhoola, Rouge Valley Health System
- Administration of IV Antibiotics by CADD Pump in Long Term Care - Kim Rutschmann, Hillsdale Terrace, Region of Durham