Minister’s Medal Honouring Excellence in Health Quality and Safety
ALERT: Deadline to apply fast approaching. Please submit your applications by 5 p.m. on September 16th.
Ontario’s health care providers and organizations do a fantastic job every day delivering high quality care to Ontario patients. There are countless examples across the province of health system partners who put patients in the centre of the circle of care and focus on quality and safety.
To celebrate organizations and individuals who demonstrate performance excellence, the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care has recently announced the inaugural Minister’s Medal Honouring Excellence in Health Quality and Safety. This annual competitive recognition program will recognize:
- Collaboration between care providers who provide patient care across the care continuum;
- Sustainable results;
- A strong emphasis on measurable outcomes; and
- An awareness of promoting system value for quality.
The Minister’s Medal is open to all health care partners across the system designed to showcase outstanding initiatives that focus on improving transitions for Ontarians with multiple, complex conditions. Successful recipients and their initiatives will be showcased at Health Quality Transformation 2013, an annual event hosted by Health Quality Ontario (HQO), and medals presented to the winners during the event.
Recognizing medal recipients at the event will also provide an opportunity for winners to share their leading best practices with the province, and increase the profile and spread of their work. Winners of the Minister’s Medal can also expect to serve as a resource in driving quality efforts across the system, with an expectation that successful programs will be profiled through various ministry opportunities and communications, and featured in other ministry events and publications.
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) are leading the promotion and coordination of the Minister’s Medal, including receipt and review of applications as part of a competitive review and selection process.
The Minister’s Medal Honouring Excellence in Health Quality and Safety is a great opportunity to showcase the excellent work of our local health system partners working across the care continuum to improve care for our patients and clients.
How to apply for the Minister’s Medal
- The application template can be downloaded from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s website at www.ontario.ca/leadinghealthychange. Please review the application and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to find out more about the Minister’s Medal and to see if you are eligible to apply.
- In the Central East LHIN, completed applications must be submitted to the Central East LHIN office by 5:00 p.m. on September 16. Please send your completed application to: email@example.com
- Recipients of the Minister’s Medal will be recognized at Health Quality Transformation 2013, Health Quality Ontario’s annual event, on November 21, 2013. Winners will also serve as a resource for other teams in driving quality efforts across the system and their success will be profiled through various communications.