Additional Musculoskeletal (MSK) Information and Resources
The Central East Local Health Integration Network (Central East LHIN) is committed to providing timely and appropriate access to quality health care for residents in our seven sub-regions. To improve access for patients with musculoskeletal (MSK) concerns, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has developed a Comprehensive MSK Access to Care Program. This program has been used to plan and implement proven MSK service delivery models within the Central East LHIN.
Please see below resources for more information on musculoskeletal (MSK) concerns and MSK service delivery:
- Health Quality Ontario Care for Adults with Acute Low Back Pain Quality Standard
- Quality standards are developed in consultation with clinicians and people who’ve experienced low back pain and are based on the best evidence. They are accompanied by a newly designed guide for patients to help them have informed discussions with their health care providers, as well as recommendations for system adoption.
- The Inter-professional Spine Assessment and Education Clinics (ISAEC)
- The Inter-professional Spine Assessment and Education Clinics (ISAEC) is an innovative, upstream, shared-care model of care in which patients receive rapid low back pain assessment (less than three weeks on average), education and evidence-based self-management plans. It is designed to decrease the prevalence of unmanageable chronic low back pain, reduce unnecessary diagnostic imaging as well as unnecessary specialist referral.
- Central East LHIN Self-Management Program
- Our program is one of 14 Self-Management Programs across the Province of Ontario. We offer Self-Management training and workshops to participants, caregivers and health care professionals across the Central East Region.
- Arthritis Society
- The Arthritis Society is a national health charity, fueled by donors and volunteers, with a vision to live in a world where people can be free from the devastating effects that arthritis can have on lives.
- Central East Healthline
- CentralEasthealthline.ca is an innovative website that puts accurate and up-to-date information about health services at the fingertips of consumers and health care providers across the Central East region of Ontario. CentralEasthealthline.ca provides easy access to a reliable source of data, and empowers consumers to find the services they need close to home.