Community Visiting Hospice Programs
Community Visiting Hospice Programs aim to improve quality of life for individuals living with advanced illness, dying, and/or bereaved. They provide comfort, dignity and the best quality of life for individuals and families living with illness by offering holistic care including: psychological, social, physical, cultural, emotional and spiritual needs.
Programs offer a variety of services and supports, such as:
- Volunteer Visiting & Training
- Caregiver, Grief and Bereavement Support
- Day Hospice
- Wellness Programming
The Central East LHIN supports six Community Visiting Hospice Programs delivered by the following agencies:
Please contact these agencies for more information on these Community Visiting Hospice Programs.
- Hospice Peterborough
- Community Care Northumberland
- Community Care City of Kawartha Lakes
- Scarborough Center for Healthy Communities
- Victoria Order of Nurses (VON) /Durham Hospice
- Haliburton Highlands Health Services